ISO 14001:2004 / OHSAS 18001:2007 Integrated Internal Auditor
BSI's Implementing an integrated Environmental Management System (EMS) and
Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) course teaches the principles
and practices of implementing an effective integrated management system in accordance
with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. Experienced instructors explain how to integrate the
family of standards during system implementation, prepare for audits, and achieve
registration. Exercises prepare students to identify key requirements, create
documentation, classify roles and responsibilities, and identify aspects and impacts.
This course will improve participants' knowledge of environmental and health and
safety management systems principles and prepare students to successfully implement an
integrated EMS and OHSMS.
- Gain an introduction to integrated management systems
- Enhance knowledge of the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Understand links between ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Build an efficient and effective quality management system
- Learn best practices to implement each clause of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Learn tips for winning employee and management support
- Prepare for an audit
- Plan for registration
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend:
- Individuals who will manage or conduct audits to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Auditors of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 integrated management systems
- Auditors from other disciplines
- Quality directors
- Health, safety, and environmental managers
- Cross functional team members of implementation projects
There is no formal prerequisite for this course, although it is recommended that
students have a basic understanding of environmental management systems, health and
safety management systems, ISO 14001, or OHSAS 18001.