OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements (TPECS)
The class is not currently available.
BSI's "BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements" competency-based 2-day course helps
participants gain a better understanding of the "best practices" for occupational health
and safety (OHSAS). To provide students with the appropriate background, the course
covers the basics of an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS), the
process approach, and management system documentation. The course explains each
requirement in BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and provides participants with the tools to
objectively evaluate the applicability of the requirements in their industry. The course
also explains the applicability of OHSAS 18002:2008 and how this document can assist
with the development of an OHSMS. The course will present many of the theories,
practices, and knowledge to prepare for the implementation and operation of an OHSMS.
This course covers Exemplar Global TPECS OH - Occupational Health & Safety
Management Systems Competency Unit whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global.
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
this Exemplar Global Competency Unit.
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand the basic concepts of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the terminology of OH&S management systems
- Explore the intent and interpretation of the individual clauses of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- Gain a basic understanding of how an OH&S management system can be integrated into existing environmental management systems
- Understand the process approach
- Auditing to requirements
- How to identify nonconformities
- Purpose and content of an audit report
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Any individual requiring a working knowledge and understanding of BS OHSAS 18001
- Health and Safety Professionals/ Consultants
- Presidents/Vice Presidents/CEOs
- Management Representatives
- Laboratory safety professionals
- Accredited auditors requiring the competency to audit Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
A prior review of the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard is suggested for this course.
Additionally, it is highly recommended that inexperienced students take the BSI
e-learning class "Essentials of BS OHSAS 18001:2007" prior to attending the classroom
There is a written test at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions
will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the OH competency unit will be provided
for students who are deemed "Competent" for the OH competency unit. Certificates of
attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will
be given the opportunity to retake the test.