OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
The class is not currently available.
BSI's "BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course focuses
on teaching students an effective approach for auditing occupational health and safety
(OH&S) management systems. The primary objective of this training course is to
conformance with BS OHSAS 18001:2007, including planning of and preparation for the
audit, audit practices, and reporting audit findings. This internal auditor course is
intended to provide a general appreciation of OH&S management systems auditing that
will equip attendees with the skills necessary to actively participate in internal and
second-party audits. This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS
Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
- OH - Occupational Health & Safety Management …
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand occupational health and safety management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the requirements of the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit (plan, execute, report, record, follow-up, closure)
- Prepare and present effective reports
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Internal auditors
- Environmental and quality managers interested in implementing occupational health and safety (OH&S) management systems
A prior review of the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard and an understanding of auditing
principles is suggested for this course. Additionally, it is highly recommended that
inexperienced students take the BSI e-learning class "Essentials of OHSAS 18001:2007"
prior to attending the classroom training.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each
competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each
competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the
competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).