OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor (TPECS)
BSI;'s “OHSMS/OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor” course focuses on teaching
students an effective approach for auditing occupational health and safety (OH&S)
management systems. The primary objective of this training course is to instruct
OH&S auditors in the principles and practices specific to auditing for conformance
with BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 19011. Experienced instructors guide students through
the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results.
Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials,
practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose
outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global: BSI is an Exemplar Global certified training
provider for the following competency units:
- OH – Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- AU – Management Systems Auditing
- TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand occupational health and safety management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the requirements of the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard
- Recognize the risk assessment principles and approach
- Manage an audit program
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand auditor responsibilities
- Conduct on-site activities
- Understand OH&S legislation
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings and report audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
- Understand the registration process
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, or third-party audits
- Quality Directors
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Managers
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
A prior review of the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standard and internal audit experience is
suggested for this course. Additionally, it is highly recommended that inexperienced
students take the BSI e-learning class "Essentials of OHSAS 18001:2007" prior to
attending the classroom training.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, 3 and 4.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each
competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each
competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the
competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).