ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
BSI's "ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course teaches a
general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and the principles
and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011, "Guidelines on
Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO
27001:2013 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for an
information security management system based on ISO 27001:2013. Students gain necessary
auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing,
group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose
outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
IS - Information Security Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand information security management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
- Management system implementation team members
- Information Security Managers
A prior review of the ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 standards and knowledge of
information security practices and an understanding of auditing principles is suggested
for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each
competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each
competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the
competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Upcoming Course Dates
|Start/End Date and Time
- Oct 10, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Oct 11, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Oct 12, 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Denver, CO||USD $1950.00||Enroll|
- Oct 23, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Oct 24, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Oct 25, 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport
2200 Centreville Road
Herndon, VA 20170
View Location Websitemap this location
- Nov 06, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 07, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 08, 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Chicago, IL||USD $1950.00||Enroll|
- Nov 13, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 14, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 15, 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Seattle, WA||USD $1950.00||Enroll|
- Dec 11, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 12, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 13, 2017 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|San José, CA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|