Certified CSA STAR Auditor
Cloud Computing Security Training Course: Certified STAR Auditor
Learn how to conduct a STAR Certification audit to assess compliance with the Cloud
Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Control Matrix (CCM). You'll learn how to determine a
maturity score and recommend a rating for STAR Certification. You can only audit to the
STAR Certification scheme and recommend a rating once you have attended and passed this
STAR Certification gives cloud service providers the ability to prove that their cloud
controls have been independently assessed against the STAR certification maturity model.
Certified clients will appear on the CSA's STAR Registry. The maturity model checks
a service provider's security performance against the CSA's Cloud Controls
Matrix (CCM) to award an overall grade. Only a certified STAR auditor can assess a
service provider against the CCM to recommend STAR Certification.
Led by an experienced tutor, this two day course will help you learn how to conduct an
audit for STAR certification and will work through a detailed case study to teach you
how to determine a rating for STAR certification. To successfully complete this course,
you will need to pass an examination.
Who should attend?
Only ISO/IEC 27001 qualified auditors working for certification bodies accredited by an
International Accreditation Forum (IAF) member to ISO/IEC 27006 can take this course.
What will I learn?
- How to define the specific control areas of the CCM and differentiate between them
- What maturity is and how the STAR certification maturity model works
- How to apply the maturity model when auditing a provider's security controls
- How to calculate a maturity score for each CCM control area
- How to derive a provider's maturity level from the maturity scores
- How to recommend STAR certification
How will my organization benefit?
As a recognized certification body, your organization will be able to conduct STAR
audits and award STAR Certification.
What is included?
- You will gain 16 CPD points on completing the course
- Course Folder
- Pen and Notepad
- Certificate of attendance
How is my course delivered?
Class-room based using accelerated learning techniques
Course Duration: 2 days