Implementing an Energy Management System based on ISO 50001:2011
Using a step-by-step process, this two-day course provides guidance on how to implement
an ISO 50001 energy management system (EnMS). The course enables organizations to
establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, energy
efficiency, and help reduce energy consumption and costs.
A skilled instructor
will review the requirements of the standard from an implementation perspective, while
covering a step-by-step implementation approach. The course includes guidance on
developing an implementation plan, creating necessary documentation, monitoring an
energy management system and achieving continual improvement in energy performance.
Hands-on exercises and a take-home toolkit will help you to learn effectively while
also providing information that can be referenced during your organization's
implementation process. The course will also discuss integrating ISO 50001 with other
management systems, such as ISO 14001.
Benefits to Your Business
- Save money by improving energy efficiency and performance, and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other related environmental impacts.
- Competence to implement ISO 50001
- Confidence in your ability to implement a robust EnMS
- Competence to build awareness and understanding of best practice EnMS within your organization
- Confidence to build a system that meets legal requirements and achieves energy performance targets
- Improve efficiency and gain industry and customer recognition
- Help the integration of ISO 50001 with other management systems to save resources
Benefits to Your Business
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 from an implementation perspective
- Identify the resources needed to implement ISO 50001
- Develop energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods
- Develop a plan to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Define and develop baseline energy performance indicators
- Integrate the EnMS with other management systems
- Establish internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
Who Should Attend
- Those interested in improving energy performance and energy efficiency
- Those who want to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Those with a responsibility for energy management
- Energy managers (management representatives, plant managers, facility managers)
- Energy coordinators (process owners, engineers)
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be issued a certificate by BSI.