Understanding ISO 31000
All organizations face uncertainty in meeting their objectives. Risk Management is a
systematic framework and process for maximizing those areas where outcomes can be
controlled while minimizing those that cannot be predicted and over which control cannot
be exercised. BSI's 1-day course on understanding Risk Management systems will give
you the understanding you need to start managing the risks your organization faces.
After completion of this course, you will be able to describe the fundamentals, key
principles and application of Risk Management to your organization.
BSI's Understanding Risk Management course uses lectures, discussions and hands-on
exercises to effectively achieve your objectives.
- Increased business resiliency
- Flexibility of response to change
- Understanding and management of risk
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of Risk Management (RM)
- Explain the fundamentals of a Risk Management system
- Describe the relevance and context of ISO 31000
- Outline the structure and purpose of ISO 31000
- Elaborate on the key principles of ISO 31000
Identify key aspects and interrelationships of a Risk Management framework with the
organization's management system
- Describe the Risk Management process
- Outline a process for implementation of a RM framework
This course is intended for managers and prospective implementers of risk management,
and for stakeholders in such efforts.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.