ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Lead Auditor (TPECS)
BSI’s “ISO 20000-1:2011 Lead Auditor” competency-based 4-day course teaches
a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 20000-1:2011 standard and the
principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance
with ISO 19011:2011, “Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems.”
Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 20000-1:2011 in detail and guide
students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting
on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal
classroom tutorials, role playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following three Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose
outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
- IT – Information Technology Service Management Systems
- AU – Management Systems Auditing
- TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand IT service management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 20000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 20000-1:2011 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global’s certification scheme
- Understand the role of objectives, scope and criteria in the audit process
- How to plan audits
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conducting opening meetings
- Understand audit team leader responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Conduct on-site activities
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Report audit results
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits
- Management Representatives
- IT service personnel
A prior review of the ISO 20000-1:2011 and ISO 20000-2:2011 standards and knowledge of
IT service practices are suggested for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, 3 and 4.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each
competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for
each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass
the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the
Upcoming Course Dates
|Start/End Date and Time
- Mar 19, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Mar 20, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Mar 21, 2018 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Mar 22, 2018 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|San Diego, CA||USD $2570.00||Enroll|