The Route Map to Business Continuity Management
By adopting business continuity management (BCM), organizations are better equipped to meet the challenges they face when a disruption occurs. It is critical that every business has a plan in place to avoid excessive downtime and reduced productivity in the event of an interruption.
ISO 22301:2012 specifies the requirements for setting up and managing an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) for any organization, regardless of type or size. Using and complying with the standard can help your organization gain confidence in its ability to effectively manage any disruption and demonstrate that you are equipped should the unexpected arise.
This session will explore:
- A basic understanding of ISO 22301:2012
- How identifying crucial risk factors already affecting your organization drives the overall plan
- Understanding your organization’s needs and obligations
- Essential steps in program management such as awareness, training, and exercising
- A step-by-step discussion on making the transition to the new standard for business continuity management
John DiMaria is the product expertise spokes person for BSI Group Americas regarding all product standards covering Risk, Quality and Regulatory Compliance. John is responsible for overseeing, product roll-out, and client/sales education.