ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor (TPECS)
BSI's "ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor" competency-based 4-day course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 9001:2008 standard and the principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 9001:2008 in detail and guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, role playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
BSI is an Exemplar Global certified training provider for the following competency units contained in this class. Attendees successfully completing this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment for these units:
QM - Quality Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
New to TPECS? For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand quality management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 9000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
- Understand the role of objectives, scope and criteria in the audit process
- How to plan audits
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conducting opening meetings
- Understand audit team leader responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Conduct on-site activities
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Report audit results
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting firstparty, second-party, and third-party audits
- Management Representatives
- Quality Directors
A prior review of the ISO 9001:2008 standard is required and internal audit experience is suggested for this course. Additionally, it is highly recommended that inexperienced students take the BSI e-learning class "Essentials of ISO 9001:2008" prior to attending the classroom training.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, 3 and 4. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).