ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
BSI's "ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course teaches a
general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and the principles
and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on
Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO
27001:2013 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for an
information security management system. Our qualified instructor will also help you to boost your audit capabilities with the latest developments of the 19011 standard. Students gain necessary
auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing,
group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose
outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
IS - Information Security Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand information security management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit adopting a risk-based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
You will have the option to receive your course materials in the following formats:
- Hard Copies: At the start of the course, a physical copy of the Student Handbook will be provided.
- Soft Copies: Prior to the course, an email with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
- Management system implementation team members
- Information Security Managers
A prior review of the ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 27002:2013 standards and knowledge of
information security practices and an understanding of auditing principles is suggested
for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each
competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each
competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the
competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Online course option
This Course is also available as part of BSI’s Connected Learning Live service. A virtual instructor lead training course taught live online in a virtual classroom. Scheduled times and dates are available here: Connected Learning Live ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
*Price reflects Early Bird discount
|Start/End Date and Time
- Apr 06, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 08, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $1950.00||Enroll|
- Apr 27, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 28, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Apr 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2050.00||Enroll|
- Jun 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jun 30, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jul 01, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|San Diego, CA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Jul 13, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jul 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Jul 15, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Aug 03, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Aug 04, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Aug 05, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Chicago, IL||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Aug 31, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 01, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 02, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Baltimore, MD||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Sep 14, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 15, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 16, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Philadelphia, PA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Sep 28, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 29, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 30, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Seattle, WA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Nov 02, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 03, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 04, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Houston, TX||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Nov 16, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 17, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Nov 18, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|San José, CA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|
- Dec 07, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 08, 2020 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Dec 09, 2020 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $1850.00*||Enroll|