BSI's “ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor” competency-based teaches the concepts of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and the principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011: 2018. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 27001:2013 in detail and guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Qualified instructors will help you to boost your audit capabilities with the latest developments of the new 19011 standard. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal tutorials, role playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
BSI is an Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA) certified training provider for the modules contained in this class. Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for these Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
- IS - Information Security Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
Upon completion of this training, students will be able to:
- Understand quality management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27001 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk-based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand the role of objectives, scope and criteria in the audit process
- Learn how to plan audits
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conducting opening meetings
- Understand audit team leader responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Apply the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Conduct on-site activities
- Prepare audit conclusions and Conduct closing meetings
- Report audit results
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits
- Management Representatives
- Quality Directors
Participants will need to review the ISO 27001:2013 standard and keep it readily available for quick reference during the presentations.Course Materials
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
Full Day Classes - (Live Online and In-person) There are 4 eight hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which are in sessions 2, 3, and 4. Exams range from is 90-120 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Half Day Classes - (Live Online) There are 8 four hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which are in sessions 4, 6, and 8. Exams range from is 90-120 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Oct 11, 2022 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET|
Oct 12, 2022 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Oct 13, 2022 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Oct 14, 2022 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2550.00||Enroll|
|Oct 31, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
Nov 1, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Nov 2, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Nov 3, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Dulles, VA||USD $2550.00||Enroll|
|Nov 14, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
Nov 15, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Nov 16, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Nov 17, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Atlanta, GA||USD $2550.00||Enroll|
|Dec 12, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET|
Dec 13, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Dec 14, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
Dec 15, 2022 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2550.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.