Obtain a detailed understanding of the key terms, definitions and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) and how the standard can help your organization to better meet its environmental obligations and commitments.
Environmental management is no longer a moral choice but a business necessity. Organizations that recognize the benefits of a sustainable model are best positioned to thrive in changing environmental conditions. An ISO 14001:2015 EMS helps you drive sustainable growth, stimulate innovation and gain access to new markets.
Identify the structure and requirements of an effective environmental management system and what this means to you. Gain a thorough understanding of the history and development of ISO 14001:2015, key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high level structure. You'll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 14001:2015
- Manage environmental risk and drive continual improvement
- Address concerns that feed directly into your corporate responsibility
- Demonstrate environmental commitment to clients, regulators and the public.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Importance and benefits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14001:2015
- Structure of ISO 14001:2015 which incorporates the Annex SL common framework for management system standards
- Main concepts such as process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, lifecycle perspective, aspects and impacts.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS.
You will have the option to receive your course materials in either hard copy or soft copy:
- Hard Copy option: You will receive a physical copy of the Student Handbook in the mail prior to the course.
- Soft Copy option: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
There are four 4 hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which is in session 4. Each exam is 90 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s)
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Nov 16, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET|
Nov 17, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 18, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 19, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
|Live Online - Half Day||USD $1050.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.