Information Security Controls for Cloud Services (ISO/IEC 27017:2015)
As technology advances and organizations increase their use of cloud services, the
requirement to have more specific cloud security controls in place is critical.
While using a cloud service can often increase information security risks, many of the
ISO/IEC 27001 controls highlight responsibilities for either a cloud service customer or
the cloud service provider. ISO/IEC 27017 is a code of practice, which provides guidance
on these controls and helps you focus on the more specific risks associated with cloud
services as a customer or provider.
Alongside an ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS), ISO/IEC 27017
helps you manage the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your business
information or information entrusted to you by others. This course helps you clearly
identify who is responsible to manage the different security risks and ensure the
appropriate cloud security controls are in place so you can maintain a resilient ISMS.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify key benefits associated with using ISO/IEC 27017:2015 for cloud services, alongside an effective ISMS
- Consider the risks associated with using cloud services
- Ensure that your management system considers appropriate cloud-related controls that enable improved organizational security as technology evolves
- Provide products and services that consistently meet customer needs and enhance confidence
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Concepts specific to the cloud
- Typical information security risks in cloud services
- ISO/IEC 27017:2015 introduction, scope and structure
- Applicable terms and definitions
- The benefits of implementing ISO/IEC 27017:2015
- A typical ISO/IEC 27017:2015 implementation framework
- How the key concepts and requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 work when implementing ISO/IEC 27017:2015
- Exploring and selecting ISO/IEC 27017:2015 controls relevant to your risk assessment, through practical scenarios
- Specific guidance for cloud service customers and cloud service providers
Who should attend?
Anyone who plans, implements, maintains, supervises or assesses information security
controls, as part of an information security management system, as either a customer or
provider of cloud services.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO/IEC 27002:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, as well
as the key principles of an ISMS.
Many delegates on this course will have already attended our Information Security
Management System (ISMS) Requirements of ISO 27001:2013 or Information Security
Management System (ISMS) Implementing ISO/IEC 27001:2013 course.
We recommend an understanding of the different types of cloud services (e.g. IaaS,
PaaS, SaaS, etc.), as well as the cloud deployment models (Private, Public, Hybrid,