Connected Learning Live Certified CSA STAR Auditor
BSI Connected Learning Live is a live, online training that
combines premier skills development technologies with our expert instructors to
deliver an engaging, interactive learning experience to you, regardless of
location. This is an ideal alternative to the typical classroom setting for
quality professionals who do not have the budget or time for travel, or just
prefer the convenience of attending a class without having to leave their own
Learn how to conduct a STAR Certification audit
to assess compliance with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Control
Matrix (CCM). You'll learn how to determine a maturity score and recommend a
rating for STAR Certification. You can only audit to the STAR Certification
scheme and recommend a rating once you have attended and passed this course.
STAR Certification gives cloud service providers
the ability to prove that their cloud controls have been independently assessed
against the STAR certification maturity model. Certified clients will appear on
the CSA's STAR Registry. The maturity model checks a service provider's
security performance against the CSA's Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) to award an
overall grade. Only a certified STAR auditor can assess a service provider
against the CCM to recommend STAR Certification.
Led by an experienced tutor, this two day course
will help you learn how to conduct an audit for STAR certification and will
work through a detailed case study to teach you how to determine a rating for
STAR certification. To successfully complete this course, you will need to pass
Who should attend?
Only ISO/IEC 27001 qualified auditors working
for certification bodies accredited by an International Accreditation Forum
(IAF) member to ISO/IEC 27006 can take this course.
What will I learn?
- How to define the specific control areas of the CCM and differentiate between them
- What maturity is and how the STAR certification maturity model works
- How to apply the maturity model when auditing a provider's security controls
- How to calculate a maturity score for each CCM control area
- How to derive a provider's maturity level from the maturity scores
- How to recommend STAR certification
How will my organization benefit?
As a recognized certification body, your organization will be able to conduct STAR audits and award STAR Certification.
- Eliminate travel and lodging expenses
- Save time from your business day by attending 3 sessions (3 hours each)
- Communicate in real-time with your course instructor and classmates - ask questions, get clarification, and contribute your insights
- Learn through hands-on group exercises and a week-long case study
- Receive a globally-recognized certificate for successfully completing the course
Students will receive a BSI Connected
Learning Live course kit that will include:
- Course kit instructions
- LogitechTM headphone set with microphone
- LogitechTM high-definition web cam
- Comprehensive course manual with reference materials
- Contact information for technical support
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
*****All course times shown are Eastern Time.*****