ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Internal Auditor (TPECS)
BSI's "ISO 20000-1:2011 Internal Auditor" competency-based 3-day course teaches a
general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 20000-1:2011 standard and the
principles and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2011,
"Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems". Experienced instructors explain the clauses
of ISO 20000-1:2011 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are
required for an information technology service management system based on ISO
20000-1:2011. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal
classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose
outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
- IT- Information Technology Service Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for
each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the
TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand IT service management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 20000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 20000-1:2011 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2011 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global's certification scheme
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who should attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
- Management system implementation team members
A prior review of the ISO 20000-1:2011 and ISO 20000-2:2011 standards and knowledge of
IT service practices are suggested for this course.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3.
Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each
competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each
competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the
competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Upcoming Course Dates
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of course
confirmation from BSI.
|Start/End Date and Time
- Sep 24, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 25, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sep 26, 2018 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport
2200 Centreville Road
Herndon, VA 20170
View Location Websitemap this location