Introduction to ISO 22301
Organizations often damage their reputations and lose customers because they are unable to cope with unexpected disruptions such as natural disasters, severe weather, IT outage, industrial action, crime, political unrest or staff illness. How prepared are you for such challenges?
A Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for identifying potential threats, evaluating their impact, and developing the capability to minimize disruption and continue business should unforeseen events occur.
Led by an experienced instructor, this course will introduce the key concepts of Business Continuity, explain the benefits of a BCMS, and outline the requirements of ISO 22301.
- Understand why it is important to protect your organization from unforeseen events
- Recognize how a BCMS can help to minimize the impact of unexpected disruptions
- Become familiar with the requirements of ISO 22301
- Know what to do next when planning a BCMS
- Increase your knowledge of Business Continuity and a BCMS
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key concepts of Business Continuity
- Explain how Business Continuity Management will fit into your organization
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act management systems approach
- Identify the requirements of ISO 22301 and highlight the most critical elements for a successful BCMS
Anyone with responsibility for Business Continuity, including:
- Business Continuity, Risk, Information Security, IT and Operations Managers or Consultants
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to Business Continuity and the requirements of a BCMS
- Internal and external management system auditors who are new to Business Continuity and auditing a BCMS
- People interested in finding out more about a BCMS
There are no formal prerequisites, but it is recommended that you have a good understanding of your organization and its operations.
A certificate of attendance is awarded to participants on this course.