Implementing OHSAS 18001
BSI's "Implementing OHSAS 18001:2007" course is a comprehensive two-day program
concentrating on OHSAS 18001:2007 and BS 8800:2004. The course focuses on the business
benefits and opportunities associated with implementing an occupational health and
safety (OH&S) management system and how an organization can begin the implementation
process. Knowledgeable instructors guide students through the implementation stages, and
group exercises give students practice in implementation activities.
- Understand Occupational Health and Safety Management Definitions, Concepts, and Guidelines
- Understand the Requirements of the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard
- Recognize the Risk Assessment Principles and Approach
- Understand OH&S Legislation
- Identify Hazards and Risks
- Identify and Plan for Required Resources to Implement an OHSMS
- Understand the Implementation Stages
- Understand Required Documentation and Records
- Learn Best Practice Implementation Techniques
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Health and safety managers
- Internal auditors
- Environmental and quality managers interested in implementing OH&S management systems
Participants should have a basic understanding of OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004, or
occupational health and safety management systems.