This one-day course provides an overview of the new methodology used to develop both design and process FMEA in line with the methods specified in the AIAG VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1. Taking delegates through the new 7 step approach using practical examples.
Learn about the major changes to FMEA as a result of the new AIAG VDA FMEA 7 step approach.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to understand the main changes including the:
- New 7 step approach
- New severity, occurrence and detection tables
- New Action Priority Tables (AP)
- The link between the cost of quality and FMEA and the financial impact FMEA has on performance
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the activities involved in the new 7 step approach including:
- System analysis – Planning & preparation, Structure analysis, and Function analysis
- Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, Risk analysis, and Optimization
- Risk communication – Results documentation
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables
- Prioritize actions using the Action Priority Tables (AP)
- Link COQ to FMEA activity
Delegates will have the skill to:
- Participate as a team member in the development of the AIAG VDA
- Understand the steps involved to apply the new 7 step approach
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to understand the key changes associated with the new AIAG and VDA FMEA, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about the new FMEA, and anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- An understanding of the previous AIAG FMEA 4th Edition
- Applicable IATF 16949 requirements related to product and/or process development
This can be obtained through attendance of either our IATF 16949 Requirements or Implementing Training Course (or equivalent)
Detailed course notes and lunch also provided.
You may also be interested in attending other core tools training courses on: Core Tools for Internal Auditors, APQP, SPC or MSA