Training Provider & Examiner Certification Scheme (TPECS)
What is TPECS?
TPECS is a competency-based training program and is designed to reflect contemporary and innovative learning and assessment (examination) practices and demonstrate that applicants achieve the level of knowledge competence required for the Exemplar Global personnel certification.
BSI is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS Provider for the following Competency Units*:
- ISO 9001 (QM, AU, TL)
- ISO 13485 (MD, AU, TL)
- ISO 14001 (EM, AU, TL)
- ISO 45001 (OH, AU, TL)
- ISO/IEC 20000 (IT, AU, TL)
- ISO/IEC 27001 (IS, AU, TL)
How It Works
The TPECS training certification scheme includes three stages. First, students complete a 2-day Requirements course for the competency unit of their choice. Then, they complete a 1-day Internal Auditor course, and finally a 1-day Lead Auditor course. Exams are given at the end of each course. Students can elect to complete one, two, or all three stages/courses depending on the level of competency they are seeking.
Students who successfully complete any module of BSI's 4-day Lead Auditor training program and pass the relevant exams receive a Certificate of Attainment for each Exemplar Global knowledge competency unit taken. Students who do not initially pass a competency exam are given an opportunity to retake the exam and are provided with a Certificate of Attendance.
Did you know?
The Internal Auditor and Lead Auditor modules are the same for all the ISO's listed. Therefore, if you've completed one or both of those already, you can simply take a Requirements course for another ISO and qualify for Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor for that additional ISO as well.
Valuing Both Your Time And Education
Less time out of the office and more time to implement your classroom learning versus the typical 5-day program from other providers.
- Reduced travel costs
- Exam retakes are available online, eliminating the need to return to the course site
Learn At Your Own Pace
Not only have we streamlined the class, you can even take classes at your own pace. Take 2 or 3 days at a time, or all 4 days at once to achieve your learning goals.
Pick one of these 2-day courses
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
QM: 2 Days
ISO 13485 Medical Devices
MD: 2 Days
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
EM: 2 Days
ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
OH: 2 Days
ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management Systems
IT: 2 Days
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Systems
ISMS: 2 Days
- Understand management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the standard
- Understand the requirements of the standard
- Understand the process approach
- Auditing to requirements
- How to identify nonconformities
- Purpose and content of an audit report
AU: 1 Day
This module is intended for any individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits, as well as Management System implementation team members. Students will gain the following competencies by completing this module:
- The principles and techniques of auditing a management system
- How to conduct a document review
- How to apply audit sampling
- How to practice effective audit communications
- Application of successful interviewing techniques
- How to take sufficient audit notes
- What is meant by audit follow-up
TL: 1 Day
Upon successful completion of a 2-day Requirements module and the 1-day Internal Auditor module, students can take the final 1-day course to complete competency for Lead Auditor. Students will gain the following competencies by completing this module:
- Process of assigning objectives, scope, and criteria to an audit
- Audit planning
- How to conduct opening and closing meetings
- Importance of keeping to an audit timetable
- Successful communication practices with the auditee and audit team
- Issue resolution
- Audit report distribution
*(QM, MD, EM, OH, IT, IS – Requirements; AU – Internal Auditor; TL – Lead Auditor)