Develop the knowledge and skill required to conduct a full audit of an organization's Environmental Management System (EMS) to ISO 14001:2015.
Gain the confidence to effectively audit an EMS in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques. Demonstrate your commitment to a sustainable model by transforming existing auditor skills to ISO 14001:2015. Consolidate your expertise with the latest developments of the new 19011: 2018 standard and contribute to the continuous improvement of the business.
You'll grasp the key principles and practices of effective EMS audits in accordance with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 19011: 20018 “Guidelines for auditing management systems”. Using a step-by-step approach, you'll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up. Over 8 days, you'll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful environmental management systems audit.
Learn to describe the purpose of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS audit and how to satisfy third- party certification. Acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an EMS audit that establishes conformity and enhances environmental performance.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Grasp the aims, benefits and requirements of an ISO 14001:2015 audit
- Interpret ISO 14001:2015 requirements for audit application
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand they types of risks associated with auditing
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk-based approach, particularly in the section of audit planning
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading and managing processes in line with the latest requirements
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Understand the arrangements for BSI certification.
What will I learn?
- Explain the purpose and benefits of an EMS
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Gain the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
You will have the option to receive your course materials in either hard copy or soft copy:
- Hard Copy option: You will receive a physical copy of the Student Handbook in the mail prior to the course.
- Soft Copy option: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
There are eight 4 hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which are in sessions 4, 6, and 8. Each exam is 90 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Nov 16, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET|
Nov 17, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 18, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 19, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 23, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 24, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 25, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Nov 26, 2020 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
|Live Online - Half Day||USD $2020.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.