To prevent inadequate awareness of supply chain security requirements of the C-TPAT program, companies should “ensure that its staff having responsibilities relevant for security issues regularly participates in programs to raise their awareness of those security issues”. The C-TPAT applicant or member should develop mechanisms in order to educate and train staff on security policies, recognition of deviations from those policies and understanding what actions should be taken in response to security lapses. The C-TPAT applicant or member should particularly:
- Educate its personnel, and where appropriate its business partners, with regard to the risks in the international supply chain;
- Provide educational material, expert guidance and appropriate training on the identification of potentially suspect cargo to all relevant personnel involved in the supply chain, such as, security personnel, cargo-handling and cargo-documentation personnel, as well as employees in the shipping and receiving areas.
This course is designed for executives and managers of companies who have joined, or intent to join, the C-TPAT program. This management focused training course gives a detailed appreciation of the minimum security requirements of the C-TPAT program, in order to initially gain membership and subsequently maintain compliance.
On completion of the Executive Edition training module executives and managers will be able to:
- Understand the supply chain security concept
- Understand the benefits of implementing a supply chain security and threat awareness program
- Understand the importance of corporate commitment to a supply chain security program
- Understand how a supply chain security program adds to the efficiency of an organisations supply chain
- Understand how to calculate the return on investment
- Understand the minimum security requirements of a supply chain security program
- Increased awareness of the security threats to their organisations supply chain
Pricing and Logistics
- 1-2 Day onsite training or Connected Learning (online)
- Training materials (if required) provided by BSI
- Continuing Education Units available (if requested)