Continuing Education Units
There are no upcoming classes scheduled.
This one-day course provides an overview of the tools, procedures and reporting requirements specified in the Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan reference manual (APQP and Control Plan Second Edition AIAG);detailing the critical steps in the Product Quality Planning Cycle and the role of the control plan(s).
Learn how important the Advanced Product Quality Planning methodology is in achieving successful production part approval.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the requirements for a successful introduction of new product
- Understand the inputs and outputs required at each step of the process
- Understand the differences between prototype, pre-production and production control plans
- Understand the challenges associated with control plan development
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the activities involved in the APQP process
- Explain the APQP process steps in detail and how they apply to different organizations
- Explain and discuss examples of Control Plans for different applications/scenarios
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Become a productive member of a product quality planning team
- Apply the steps involved for a Product Quality Planning Cycle
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in APQP activities (either as a team member or leading the activities) or anyone interested in learning more about APQP, and anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949.
You may also be interested in attending our other core tools training courses on: Core tools for internal auditors, FMEA, SPC, or MSA.
You should have a good knowledge of the requirements of IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015