BSI Connected Learning Live is a live, online training that combines premier skills development technologies with our expert instructors to deliver an engaging, interactive learning experience to you, regardless of location. This is an ideal alternative to the typical classroom setting for quality professionals who do not have the budget or time for travel, or just prefer the convenience of attending a class without having to leave their own personal environment.
BSI's Requirements competency-based 4-day course (4 hour session per day) teaches a general understanding of the concepts and how the requirements impact the day-to-day operations of organizations in any industry. An experienced instructor will explain the clauses in detail, cover auditing of the requirements for the standard. Students learn by participating in group exercises, case studies, and in-depth discussions.
BSI is an Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA) certified training provider. Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
Obtain a detailed understanding of the key terms, definitions and requirements of ISO 45001 and how the standard can help your organization to better align their strategic direction with their occupational health and safety management system
ISO 45001, the first global Occupation Health and Safety (OH&S) management system standard, is intended to replace the widely implemented BS OHSAS 18001. It is anticipated that organizations currently certified to BS OHSAS 18001 will need to migrate to ISO 45001 within three years of the new standard's publication. Having an internationally recognized occupational health and safety management system (OH&SMS) allows you to enhance organizational health and safety performance and gain a competitive edge.
By attending, you will be able to identify the structure and requirements of an effective OH&SMS. Gain a thorough understanding of the ISO 45001 key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high-level structure. You will learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 45001 and management system
- Manage risks and opportunities, to both health and safety and to your OH&S MS, and thereby drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that occupational health and safety is at the heart of your organization
What will I learn?
- Understand the terminology of OH&S management systems.
- Explore the intent and interpretation of the individual clauses of ISO 45001
- Gain a basic understanding of how an OH&S management system can be integrated into existing quality management systems
- Auditing to requirements and how to identify nonconformities
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an occupational, health and safety management system.
What will I gain?
A Certificate of Attainment in the OH competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for the OH competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test.
Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
- Eliminate travel and lodging expenses
- Communicate in real-time with your course instructor and classmates - ask questions, get clarification, and contribute your insights
- Learn through hands-on group exercises and a week-long case study
- Receive a globally-recognized certificate for successfully completing the course
You will have the option to receive your course materials in either hard copy or soft copy:
- Hard Copy option: You will receive a physical copy of the Student Handbook in the mail prior to the course.
- Soft Copy option: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed, will be sent to students.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee. BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Headset with Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
There are four 4 hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which is in session 4. Each exam is 90 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s)
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Oct 19, 2020 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM ET|
Oct 20, 2020 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM ET
Oct 21, 2020 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM ET
Oct 22, 2020 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Half Day||USD $1100.00||Enroll|
|Nov 30, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET|
Dec 1, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Dec 2, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Dec 3, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
|Live Online - Half Day||USD $1100.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.