Aerospace Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Training Course
Aerospace APQP and PPAP are increasingly commonplace methodologies in the aerospace
industry to manage and to improve quality, cost and delivery.
They are often integrated into project management to help ensure successful launches based on robust New Product
Development processes and their use is increasingly required by Aerospace
AS9145 is a structured framework to plan and complete actions of the product realization cycle which are necessary to ensure quality product(s) are delivered on time, while satisfying cost
This one-day course provides an overview of
the tools, procedures and reporting requirements specified in AS9145; detailing
the critical steps in the Product Quality Planning Cycle and the role of the
Provide an overview of the APQP and PPAP requirements used within the aerospace sector as defined within AS9145.
How will I benefit?
- Understand the requirements for a successful introduction of new product
- Understand the inputs and outputs required at each step of the process
- Understand the use of the control plan as defined within AS9145
What will I learn?
- Discuss the purpose and applicability of APQP and PPAP and their importance within the aerospace sector
- Apply terms and definitions used within AS9145
- Describe the makeup of a multidiscipline project team
- Explain the APQP 5 Phase process steps in detail and how they apply to different organizations
- Demonstrate awareness of the development of control plans for different applications/scenarios
- Identify PPAP file and submission requirements including customer-specifics
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in APQP and PPAP activities, AS9102 First Article, AS13004 PFMEA and Control Plans, AS13003 MSA
and ongoing process control and process improvement.
*Please note if you’ve already attended the Automotive APQP or PPAP Course then you shouldn’t attend this course as there are many linkages between these two courses*
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending
- Applicable ISO 9001 and AS/EN/JISQ 9100 series requirements related to the scope of your audit