Are you already familiar with ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and interested in finding out more about the changes for the updated standard? As with many of the recently updated standards, ISO/IEC 20000-1 is now aligned to the ISO high level structure (HLS) for management system standards. This course will introduce you to the HLS and explore the differences between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
By attending, you’ll get involved in activities that will help you to identify the gaps in your current service management system (SMS) and start planning your transition to the new standard.
How will I benefit?
- Comprehend the ISO HLS, its impact on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and how it supports the integration of management system standards
- Recognize the key differences in requirements and terms between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Identify what needs to be updated in your current SMS to meet the revised standard
- Find out how you can start preparing for transitioning your certification with BSI
- Explain the timelines for the transition
What will I learn?
You'll be able to:
- Explain the purpose and use of Annex SL (which specifies the HLS) and describe a generic management system
- Communicate the new requirements relating to context, leadership, planning, support, operation, performance evaluation and improvement in Annex SL
- Identify the main terms and definitions in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 which differ from ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- Communicate service management specific requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 that differ from ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- Recognize the development process and perspectives that were considered in the revision
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who knows ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and will be involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 transition
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should be familiar with the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and will benefit from reading the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 standard before attending the course.
You may also be interested in attending the ISO 20000-1:2018 Implementing or Auditing training courses