This one-day course provides an overview of the methodology used to develop and implement design and process FMEA; detailing the critical steps to identify and mitigate product and process risks.
FMEA is often mandated in the aerospace industry as a specific requirement to support the goal of defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste. This course will help you to learn how FMEA can be used to evaluate the risks associated with product and process design.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the different types of FMEA, design, process and machine
- Recognize how to identify failure modes
- Know how to assess and prioritize risks associated with product and process design using severity, occurrence and detection rankings
- Interpret the challenges associated with product and process design
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Recognize the activities involved in the development of an FMEA
- Identify failure modes and apply risk rankings to severity, occurrence and detection
- Assign risk priority numbers (RPN) to each failure mode identified
- Determine actions to reduce or eliminate high RPN’s
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Become a productive member of a product or process design team
- Apply the steps involved for a successful FMEA
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in product and process development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, AS/EN/JISQ 9100 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about FMEA, and anyone involved in the implementation of AS/EN/JIS Q9100.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Detailed course notes and lunch also provided.
You may also be interested in attending other core tools training courses, such as: AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Product Part Approval Process (PPAP), AS9102 First Article Inspection (FAI), Measurement Sysyems Analysis (MSA) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).