AS9102 is a structured framework to plan and complete actions of the product realization cycle which are necessary to ensure quality product(s) are delivered on time, while satisfying cost performance targets. This one-day course provides an overview of the tools, procedures and reporting requirements specified in AS9102; detailing the phases FAI and the desired outcomes.
Provide an overview of the FAI requirements used within the Aerospace sector as defined within AS9102.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the requirements for a successful first article submission
- Understand the use of the first article forms as defined within AS9102
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Discuss the purpose and applicability of FAI and their importance within the aerospace sector
- Apply terms and definitions used within AS9102
- Explain the FAI phases in detail and how they apply to organizations working within the aerospace sector
- Demonstrate awareness of the completion of the AS9102 forms
- Recognize when full or partial FAI submissions are required
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in AS9102 FAI activities, AS9145 APQP and PPAP, AS13004 PFMEA and Control Plans, AS13003 MSA and ongoing process control and process improvement.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- Applicable ISO 9001 and AS/EN/JISQ 9100 series requirements related to the scope of your audit
Detailed course notes and lunch also provided.
You may also be interested in attending our other core tools training courses:
- IATF 16949:2016 Understanding Core Tools for Internal Auditors
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)