Course aimTo provide an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 for anyone involved in defining, planning, auditing, implementing or managing a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
Do you want to add value to your organization and the services you deliver? Then ISO/IEC 20000-1 is for you. It specifies the requirements for an SMS, including how to plan, design, transition, deliver and improve services so they deliver value for you and your customers.
By attending this course you’ll learn about the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements and how to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
How will I benefit?
- Understand the key concepts and requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Describe the ISO/IEC 20000 series of standards with related terms and definitions
- Identify opportunities to maximize the productivity of an organization’s services through the operation of an SMS
- Understand the ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification process and how it can help demonstrate your commitment to service management
- Identify the common areas in ISO/IEC 20000-1 that support you to integrate your SMS with other management systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
- Communicate the benefits of implementing an SMS in your organization to improve your service delivery for customers
What will I learn?
- Describe an SMS
- Explain why an SMS is important and its benefits
- Explain the background of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and its intended outcome
- Recall the terms and definitions used
- Define the key concepts and structure of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Identify the main requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Recognize the route to certification
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in defining, planning, auditing, implementing or managing a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
1 dayh3>How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
There are no prerequisites.
Detailed course notes and lunch are provided.
You may also be interested in attending our ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Implementation or Auditing training courses.