When facing a problem, how many times do you treat the issue and yet the problem recurs? Are you solving the problem at a surface level or do you need to look deeper into the problem to treat issue? If you're able to look deeper to find out the actual cause of the problem, fix the underlying cause and make sure it remains fixed, the problem goes away, which is a good approach to help you become more effective.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is one of the most common actions required at every organization to solve day-to-day operational problems. Yet, many organizations are still trying to master RCA to deliver the outcome effectively.
This training course uses a practical approach to systematically state the problem, understand the situation, root up the cause, fix the cause and make sure the problem remains fixed. A concise and yet flexible approach, this proven model can solve your day-to-day operational problems. Plus it can be expanded to solve more complicated problems, ensuring they are solved at the root cause level to effectively prevent recurrence.
Special note to Automotive Industry Manufacturers: As per the IATF 16949:2016 requirements clause 10.2.3 Problem Solving, organizations that intend to be certified to IATF 16949:2016 are required to have defined approaches for various types of problem, containment actions, root cause analysis methodology, implementation of corrective actions, verification of the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions, reviewing and updating of documented information such as PFMEA, Control Plan, as applicable. This training course provides a good foundation to help you understand a problem solving technique and feel confident in your approach to effectively apply it when you return to your organization.
Who Should Attend?
If you're a front line manager, team leader, quality assurance engineer/executive, supervisor or facilitator responsible for problem-solving or initiating improvements. You may be involved in:
- data collection
- root cause analysis
- selection of the appropriate solution
- ensuring implementation and effectiveness
- reporting on the problems and the follow-up action
What will I learn?
- Understand the concept, definition and process of the root cause analysis using SURF methodology
- Uncover the real root causes of problems faced in your daily operations and enable fact-based decision-making
- Understand and differentiate the types of causes within a problem
- Effectively apply the appropriate tools in the process of root cause analysis
How will I benefit?
You'll be able to:
- understand and apply the Root Cause Analysis using SURF model in problem solving
- stratify the different types of causes: direct, contributing and root causes effectively for greater clarity during problem solving
- use appropriate tools/techniques to analyse possible causes, drill down to root causes and develop solutions for a problem
- select the appropriate solutions in a structured manner
- lead or facilitate small group improvement activities to solve routine problems in your organization
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Nov 15, 2021 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $950.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.