This one-day training course provides auditors with the necessary tools to communicate effectively with audit team members, audit management, and those involved in the audit process.
is essential in auditing. Experience has shown that auditors who communicate well are able to transform the audit experience and achieve a smoother, more effective and efficient audit.
In this course, we’ll cover the principles of general communication techniques, interpersonal skills; non-verbal communication; listening skills; techniques for building rapport; methods for dealing with difficult interactions; and effective briefing techniques.
It will introduce techniques for auditors to communicate with those being audited, including making initial contact, preparing the audit plan, interaction whilst conducting the audit, briefing and preparing the audit findings and recommendations.
How will I benefit?
- Undertake more effective and impactful audits by using proven communication skills
- Implement the techniques to handle difficult communication situations with all relevant parties
- Follow best practice for presenting audit findings and make recommendations in a manner that will convince the audit client to take action
- Demonstrate confidence in opening and closing meetings
What will I learn?
- Explain why communication skills are the foundation to internal audit success
- Demonstrate effective relationship and rapport-building strategies to better influence stakeholders and auditees
- Apply general communication skills to day-to-day work, enabling you to interact effectively with both your audit team members and those involved in the audit process
- Apply proven techniques for developing and maintaining productive and professional relationships, including eliciting essential information from those being audited; effectively summarizing audit work performed; and providing meaningful feedback
Who should attend?
This course will be beneficial to all auditors who want to improve their auditing skills by improving their communication skills.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
There are no prerequisites for this course
- Eight disciplines of team-oriented problem solving techniques
- Effective root cause analysis
- Process mapping toolbox towards excellence
- Developing and managing key performance indicators
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Apr 6, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $690.00||Enroll|
|Jun 2, 2023 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $690.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.