The ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor Course provides you with the skill and knowledge to conduct and lead effective energy management system (EnMS) audits in accordance with the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 and ISO 19011. The course explains the principles and practices of independent auditing for an EnMS, and guides participants through the entire audit process from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. During the course, you will gain the necessary auditing skill through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions. In addition, the course will discuss integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems, like ISO 14001.
Benefits to Your Business
- Lead auditing expertise
- Confidence your EnMS is effective
- Third party audit preparation
- Employee awareness of energy efficiency
- Integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems to save resources
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of energy management
- Describe the purpose of an EnMS
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001:2011 in the context of an audit
- Plan and conduct an EnMS audit
- Manage audit communication and interviews
- Report and follow up on an energy management system audit
- Conduct opening, closing, and follow-up audit meetings
- Integrate EnMS with other management systems
Who Should Attend?
- Energy Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Management representatives
- Those who want to become third party auditors for ISO 50001:2011
It is recommended that participants have some understanding of energy management and/or auditing principles around another management system standard before attending this course.
Good background for this course is included in the BSI publication Energy Management Principles and Practice
Participants who successfully complete the course will be issued a certificate by BSI