This two and a half (2.5) day comprehensive SPCC and Storm Water Management course is designed for those indirectly or directly responsible for SPCC and storm water permitting and planning at their facility. This course is great for those new to the field and those veterans that need a refresher.
Day one of this course will take you through the SPCC regulations as they stand today in (40 CFR 112) and what to expect in the future. We will walk you through a history of SPCC into an in-depth look at the regulations. We will then take you through the anatomy of typical tank designs and construction. In addition, we will cover how to develop and implement your SPCC Plan and inspect your facility to assure it is compliant with SPCC regulations. You will be able to practice reviewing an actual SPCC plan using the latest EPA checklists or you can bring your own facility’s SPCC plan.
On the second day, we will take you through the history of Storm Water regulations and then into the sometimes-perplexing stormwater permitting process. Next, we will walk you through developing your Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3), performing stormwater inspections and visuals, completing sampling and benchmark monitoring, and addressing exceedances and changes to your facility.
Day three, BSI will continue with utilizing group SPCC and Stormwater exercises to help develop a punch list that you can take back to your facility that will allow you to immediately start putting the principles learned from this class to work. If you do not have a plan or can’t bring it, you will be able to help review other plans and observe best practices or spot pitfalls that are common in other plans. Join us for this important seminar and come and network with environmental professionals from around the U.S.
Day One (8:30AM – 4:30PM)
- SPCC Regulatory Overview including what is and who is covered, Federal and State primacy, Enforcement, and associated Laws and Regulations.
- SPCC Plan Breakdown including Integrated Contingency Plans (ICPs) and Facility Response Plans (FRPs)
- Anatomy of an Aboveground Storage Tank (AST) and Equipment
- Tank Integrity Testing frequencies and methods
- Performing SPCC Inspections including overview of secondary containment, emergency response, and more.
Day Two (8:30AM – 4:30PM)
- Introduction to Stormwater Management and Permitting
- Performing Stormwater Inspections, Sampling and Analysis, and Minimum Control Measures
- Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Developing your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3)
- Benchmark Monitoring
- Data Evaluation
- Identifying Remedies When Benchmarks and/or Action Levels are Exceeded
Day Three (8:30AM – 11:30PM)
- SPCC Inspection Exercis
- Stormwater Inspection Exercise
- Training wrap-up; Certificates issued
Who Should Attend?
- Facility and Plant Managers
- Environmental Specialist, Planners, and Coordinators
- Environmental and Safety Managers and Directors
- Environmental Engineers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Environmental Project and Program Managers
- Compliance Inspectors
- Those responsible for SPCC and/or Stormwater activities for their organization
Lodging, Group and Government Discounts
Questions regarding discounts for Nightly Rate Discounts for Lodging, Group Discounts and Government Discounts, please contact Jeremy Kelley at email@example.com