Continuing Education Units
Early Bird Price*
There are no upcoming classes scheduled.
This two-day course provides you with a hands-on approach using a Case Study to develop a PFMEA using the new methodology in line with the methods specified in the AIAG VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1. The course takes delegates through the new 7 step approach using the Case Study which allows delegates to practice each of the 7 steps.
Learn how to develop a Process FMEA in line with the new AIAG VDA FMEA 7 Step Approach.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand how to implement the 7 step approach
- Understand how to use the severity, occurrence and detection tables
- Understand how to use the action priority (AP) tables
- Understand the linkages between the cost of quality and FMEA and the financial impact FMEA has on performance
- Become a productive team member in the development of the AIAG VDA process FMEA
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize the purpose, objectives of the AIAG and VDA FMEA and the 7 step approach
- Participate in the new 7 step approach including:
- System analysis – Planning & preparation, structure analysis, and function analysis
- Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, risk analysis, and optimization
- Risk communication – Results documentation
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables based on data provided from the Case Study
- Prioritize actions using the action priority tables (AP)
- Develop the COQ from the process FMEA activity taking account of company level data affected by the PFMEA
- Apply the steps involved to achieve a successful process FMEA using the new 7 step approach
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in process development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about new AIAG and VDA FMEA, IATF 16949 auditors, and anyone involved in the implementation and maintenance of IATF 16949.
How will I learn?
Our high-impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- An understanding of the previous AIAG FMEA 4th Edition
- Applicable IATF 16949 requirements related to product and/or process development
This can be obtained through attendance of either our IATF 16949 Requirements or Implementing Training Course (or equivalent)
Detailed course notes and lunch also provided.
You may also be interested in attending other core tools training courses on: Core Tools for Internal Auditors, APQP, SPC or MSA