BSI's "ISO 22301:2019 Lead Auditor" competency-based course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the latest ISO 223001:2019 standard and the principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, “Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems”. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 22301:2019 in detail and guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
BC – Business Continuity Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
New to TPECS?
For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Define a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Explain why a BCMS is important and how it can benefit your organization
- Recall the terms and definitions used
- Recognize the key concepts and structure of ISO 22301:2019
- Identify the main requirements of ISO 22301:2019
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand the role of objectives, scope and criteria in the audit process
- Conduct audit team selection
- Initiate the audit and conducting opening meetings
- Understand audit team leader responsibilities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Apply the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Conduct on-site activities
- Prepare audit conclusions and conduct closing meetings
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising an ISO 22301:2019 BCMS.
A prior review of the ISO 22301:2019 standard and internal audit experience are suggested for this course.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
Full Day Classes - (Live Online and In-person) There are 4 eight hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which are in sessions 2, 3, and 4. Exams range from is 90-120 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Half Day Classes - (Live Online) There are 8 four hour sessions*, one per day. There are online exams at the end of each competency unit, which are in sessions 4, 6, and 8. Exams range from is 90-120 minutes. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency exam(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).