- Provide you with an overall understanding of the 8 disciplines (8D) methodology
- Provide you with the ability to use the 8D process to identify root causes, followed by short and long-term solutions for issues encountered
- To guide you towards identifying corrective actions to be taken
- To enable you to monitor and assess the effectiveness of the corrective action(s) to prevent recurrence
- Create a problem-solving culture
- Enhance your ability to trace a problem to the root cause level
- Incorporate applicable quality control tools within the 8 disciplines process
- Understand how to implement an effective team problem solving technique
- Understand what must be carried out and accomplished within each step of the 8D method skills
- Utilize root cause analysis techniques, including ‘5 Whys’, for both special and common cause analysis and decision-making
- Select, carry out, and assess the effectiveness of the corrective action(s) taken
- Effective implementation of documented information systems
- Effective root cause analysis
- Process mapping toolbox towards excellence
- Developing and managing key performance indicators
Problem-solving is a skill that can benefit you and your organization, whatever your role or function. The 8 disciplines can easily be applied at all levels within any organization, and at the same time provide documented evidence of improvements.
You’ll be introduced to the methodology designed to find the root cause of a problem, devise a short-term fix and implement a long-term solution to prevent recurring problems.
It provides a systematic and effective approach to solve a problem, and promotes the use of expertise and experience within an organization to address the root cause.
Developed by the Ford Motor Company and commonly used by the automotive industry, the use of the 8 disciplines is now popular in other industries thanks to its proven methodology.
How will I benefit?
What will I learn?
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone responsible for solving problems in their workplace. This may include team leaders, managers, executives, supervisors or facilitators.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
We recommend that you’re familiar with basic problem solving techniques (such as 7 Quality Control Tools) prior to attending this course.
This is one of a suite of training courses designed to support your organization’s drive for continual improvement. You may already be certified to one or more management systems standards, and you may also be interested in developing your organizational resilience.
Other courses in this suite include:
You may also be interested in our Foundations of Organizational Resilience