Today more than ever, organizations worldwide are improving operations by adopting process-driven philosophies, mindsets, and methodologies. As a result, demand for process improvement expertise is increasing day by day.
This interactive course will provide you with a basic understanding of what is meant by process improvement and its benefits. You will gain knowledge of different tools and techniques of process improvement, which will provide you with a logical approach to organization problem solving and process improvement.
This course is also designed to provide you with knowledge and help you develop the necessary skills when auditing process improvement.
The course is built around a comprehensive Case Study which you will audit. This will enable you to apply process improvement auditing to an organization (covering reactive, incremental and stepped change improvements).
How will I benefit?
- Demonstrate an understanding of process improvement methodologies
- Recognize different process improvement and problem solving tools
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant process diagnostic and process improvement methodologies
- Comprehend organizational core values for process improvement culture
- Develop professionally and network with likeminded peers
- Audit different types of improvement activities within an organization, including how to evaluate process improvement policies and processes adopted by an organization
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to
- Determine what process improvement is
- Comprehend value and waste
- Identify TIMWOODS - 8 wastes in the process
- Recognize value stream map (VSM) current state
- Be aware of takt time
- Recognize reactive and proactive problem solving (5 Why, cause and effect diagram)
- Identify various process improvement tools (8D, 7 basic process improvement tools, PDCA, visual management for process control, 5S, SOP)
- Distinguish different stages of process improvement maturity
- Identify process improvement culture
You’ll have the knowledge to audit process improvement activities, namely:
- Reactive – Problem solving
- Team-based waste improvement activities
- Team-based lean improvement activities
- Formal improvement projects
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Audit each of the process improvement approaches
- Ensure effective audit feedback that contributes to a process improvement approach within an organization
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all qualified internal or lead auditors with experience of any management system discipline, who would like to develop specifically their auditor process improvement knowledge and skills.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate. There is also an optional online multi-choice exam, to upgrade your certificate.
You should already be an internal or lead auditor, qualified with experience of any management system discipline; as this course focusses specifically on auditing process improvement activities and not on how to audit.
You should also have already attended our Lead Auditor training course with certification available.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Dec 13, 2021 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM ET|
Dec 14, 2021 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM ET
Dec 15, 2021 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $1200.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.