BSI’s “AS/EN 9100:2016 Lead Auditor” course teaches the principles and practices of effective quality management systems and process audits in accordance with AS/EN 9100:2016 rev D, AS/EN 9101:2016 rev F, and ISO 19011. Experienced instructors guide students through the 3rd party auditing process by balancing formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
The course is based on the following standards:
- AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 (Rev:D) QMS Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defence Organizations
- ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
- AS 9101F QMS Audit Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defence Organizations
Develop the knowledge and skill required to establish an audit plan and conduct a full audit of an organization's Aerospace Quality Management System (QMS) to AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 (Rev:D).
Fulfill the AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Lead Auditor Training Requirement for International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) AS9100 auditor certification. This course is approved by Probitas Authentication and is recognized as meeting the IAQG training requirements for the AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Lead Auditor Training Course.
Gain the confidence to effectively audit an Aerospace QMS in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques.
Learn how to lead audit the processes of an AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Aerospace Quality Management System in order to determine conformity and effectiveness.
How will I benefit:
This course will help you:
- Gain comprehensive insight into the ASD industries’ QMS requirements and expectations
- Understand the process for gaining certification to one of the globally recognized ASD industry standards (AS/EN/JISQ 9100)
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 audit activities, including leading an auditing team
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its Aerospace QMS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
What will I learn:
This course will enable you to:
- Describe the purpose of a quality management system and its role in helping an organization operate with increased effectiveness, consistency, and customer satisfaction
- Explain the purpose and intent of the ISO 9000 series of standards and how they relate to the applicable Aerospace QMS standards
- Describe the continuing process of development of Aerospace QMS standards and ISO 19011, the impact that these developments may have on the audit process, and the need for auditors to keep up to date
- Describe the seven Quality Management Principles and how they relate to the Aerospace QMS
- Describe the documentation required by the Aerospace QMS and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy, and objectives
- Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of the Aerospace QMS
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of the Aerospace QMS
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an entire Aerospace QMS, including process, customer focus, and continual improvement
- Evaluate the differing requirements for Aerospace QMS documentation in a variety of situations and understand the difference between documents and records
- Describe the difference between legal compliance and conformity with Aerospace QMS standards, and the significance of these terms when conducting audits
- Understand the hierarchy of authorities’ requirements (e.g., CAA, military, space) and applicable advisory material, where to obtain additional information, and how to incorporate authorities’ requirements aspects into the Aerospace QMS audit activities (requirements as applicable to the location where the course is being presented)
- Understand the hierarchy of standards published under the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) umbrella
- Describe the auditor authentication requirements for the applicable Aerospace QMS standards
- Describe IAQG sector scheme requirements for Aerospace QMS certification/registrations programs (see 9104)
- Describe the process of certification/registration of an organization's Aerospace QMS standards
- Describe the auditor approval requirements for the applicable Aerospace QMS standards
- Plan and organize all aspects of an Aerospace QMS audit
- Perform all aspects of an Aerospace QMS audit
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable Aerospace QMS checklists and scoring methods in accordance with AS/EN/JISQ 9101
- Make recommendations on the acceptability of the Aerospace QMS in readiness for a certification audit
- Describe the OASIS database for access to audit data and security (public and private)
Who should attend:
Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Aerospace QMS, or seeking IAQG recognition as a certified aerospace auditor.
5 days (40 hours plus 2 hour exam)
How will I learn:
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain:
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however it will help if you have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
Students must provide their own AS9100:2016 Rev D standard and AS9101 Rev F standard.
Detailed course notes are provided.
Probitas Authentication is an IAQG recognized Auditor Authentication Body (AAB) and Training Provider Approval Body (TPAB). For additional questions about the auditor authentication process and requirements, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
You may also be interested in attending our AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Implementing course, AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Transition course, AS/EN/JISQ 9100:2016 Senior Management Transition or QMS Deep Dive courses.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Feb 6, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
Feb 7, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Feb 8, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Feb 9, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Feb 10, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
DoubleTree Suites Huntsville South
6000 Memorial Pkwy SW
Huntsville, AL 35802
View Location Website
|Mar 6, 2023 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET|
Mar 7, 2023 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Mar 8, 2023 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Mar 9, 2023 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
Mar 10, 2023 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2420.00||Enroll|
|Apr 3, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
Apr 4, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Apr 5, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Apr 6, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Apr 7, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
|Orlando, FL||USD $2420.00||Enroll|
|May 1, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET|
May 2, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
May 3, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
May 4, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
May 5, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2420.00||Enroll|
|Jun 5, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
Jun 6, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Jun 7, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Jun 8, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Jun 9, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
|Chicago, IL||USD $2420.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.