BSI's "ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor with Emphasis on IATF 16949:2016" course begins with a review of IATF 16949:2016 and continues to teach the principles of process auditing in accordance with quality management system standards and ISO 19011, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems." In addition, the concepts and the rules for IATF recognition will be discussed. Through small group activities, audit role-plays, lively discussions and instructor-led lectures, students gain a thorough understanding of the principles of auditing and how to apply the guidance of ISO 19011 to implement effective audit programs for automotive manufacturing organizations. This course is certified by Exemplar Global. Students successfully completing this course (by passing the continual evaluation and the written examination) fulfill Exemplar Global training requirements for QMS Auditor and QMS Lead Auditor certification.
- Understand quality management definitions, concepts, guidelines and the quality management principles
- Interpret all clauses of IATF 16949:2016
- Understand the relationship between IATF 16949:2016 and the core tools (FMEA, PPAP, MSA, APQP, SPC)
- Understand the Ford, General Motors, and DaimlerChrysler customer-specific requirements and how they relate to IATF 16949:2016
- Apply ISO 19011 definitions, concepts and guidelines
- Apply principles of ISO 19011 to the auditing process
- Manage an audit program
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening and closing meetings
- Conduct on-site activities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Report audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
- Understand the registration process for IATF 16949:2016
Who Should Attend
- Management Representatives
- Individuals leading their organization to IATF 16949:2016 registration
- Quality Directors
- Managers, Engineers and Consultants
- Auditors of Manufacturing Organizations (internal and external)
A prior review of the ISO 9001:2015 standard is required and internal audit experience is suggested for this course. A prior review of the IATF 16949:2016 standard is strongly recommended for this course.
Students are required to provide their own IATF 16949:2016 Standard
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Mar 27, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
Mar 28, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Mar 29, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Mar 30, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Mar 31, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
|Houston, TX||USD $2050.00||Enroll|
|May 15, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET|
May 16, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
May 17, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
May 18, 2023 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
May 19, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day||USD $2050.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.