Organizations around the world recognize the value of having a well-developed, practical and robust food safety management system (FSMS) based on CODEX to comply with regulatory as well as customer requirements and control business risks. In order to plan, implement and maintain a well-developed, practical and robust food safety system based on CODEX HACCP, it’s essential to have the relevant skills and knowledge.
Our HACCP Plans and GMP Implementation course can provide you with the information and skills to develop, document and implement a hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) based food safety plan and to oversee its implementation and monitoring.
This course will also provide you with knowledge of the essential good manufacturing practices (GMP) required to implement a preventative HACCP based FSMS along with an overview of the intent and specific requirements of the BSI HACCP and GMP Certification Criteria to demonstrate due diligence in food processing and handling operations and minimize audit nonconformances.
Gain knowledge of the CODEX HACCP methodology to develop, document and implement HACCP food safety plans as well as be able to effectively apply the BSI HACCP and GMP Certification Criteria.
How will I benefit?
- Develop a comprehensive HACCP plan based on the specific risk to your product and process
- Improved system and process management of food safety through a preventative risk-based HACCP FSMS
- Comply with industry and legal obligations for safe food production
- Improved record keeping and retrospective proof of compliance
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply CODEX HACCP food safety risk methodology
- Relate CODEX HACCP methodology to your company HACCP plans and the requirements of the BSI HACCP and GMP Certification Criteria
- Participate in developing and reviewing HACCP plans
Who should attend?
Anyone who is likely to participate in developing, implementing and reviewing HACCP plans; or would like to further their knowledge in food safety risk assessment
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning my improving knowledge retention. This course inactivity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should have good knowledge of food industry processes and practices including; food safety, basic food handling, basic hygiene and GMP. There is no assumed knowledge of HACCP as this course provides a comprehensive and detailed reviewed of Codex Alimentarius HACCP methodology and current food industry applications.
We recommend reading the outlined documents before attending the course:
- BSI HACCP and GMP Certification Criteria
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and Guidelines for its Application Annex to CAC/RCP 1-1969 (Rev 4 2003) pages 21 – 31
Detailed course notes are provided.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
You may also be interested in attending the following food courses:
- Effective Food Safety Auditing
- Effective Foreign Matter Management
- Root Cause Analysis for the Food Industry
- Effective Food Labelling Verification Processes
- Food Recall Plans