Using methods specified in the AIAG VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1, this two-day training course provides you with a hands-on approach using a case study. You’ll develop a DFMEA using the new methodology and you’ll have the opportunity to practice each of the steps in the new 7 step approach.
Learn how to develop a design FMEA (DFMEA) in line with the new AIAG VDA FMEA 7 step approach.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand how to implement the 7 step approach
- Understand how to use the severity, occurrence and detection tables
- Understand how to work with action priority tables (AP)
- Understand the linkages between the cost of quality and FMEA and the financial impact FMEA has on performance
- Become a productive team member in the development of the AIAG VDA design FMEA
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize the purpose, objectives of the AIAG and VDA FMEA and the 7 step approach
- Participate in the new 7 step approach including:
- System analysis – Planning & preparation, structure analysis, and function analysis
- Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, risk analysis, and optimization
- Risk communication – Results documentation
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables based on data provided from the Case Study
- Prioritize actions using the action priority (AP) tables
- Develop the COQ from the process FMEA activity taking account of company level data affected by the PFMEA
- Apply the steps involved to achieve a successful DFMEA using the new 7 step approach