An ineffective food recall can result in severe consequences; customer illness or injury, dissatisfaction and regulatory noncompliance. Optimize your skills in the planning and execution of a food recall through a well-designed food recall plan and protocols.
Gain confidence in planning and performing mock recalls (crisis drills) to test your organizational recall capability in the event of a serious food safety incident.
This course develops the necessary skills to document a food recall plan based on the industry best practice requirements of Global Food Safety Initiative, (GFSI) standards.
You’ll learn how to initiate a mock recall of a recall plan through product traceability and mass balance activities to improve your recall capability and follow-up activities to apply learnings to improve your organization’s recall capability.
Learn how to develop, implement and review an effective food recall plan.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you gain the skills to review effectiveness of mock recall activities to continually improve food recall protocols.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course you’ll:
Be able to:
- Discuss the requirements of local legislation and GFSI standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000 and Global Gap Schemes) to food recall plans
- Outline the steps required to develop a food recall/withdrawal procedure
- Explain how to implement the recall/withdrawal procedure including how to conduct a product trace activity and mass balance
Have the Skills to:
- Identify and distinguish between local legislation and GFSI standards requirements when developing a recall plan
- Develop a food recall team
- Complete a food recall report
- Identify ways to continually improve by applying lessons learned from mock recall activities
- HACCP Planning and Implementation
- Effective Food Safety Auditing
- Effective Foreign Matter Management
- Root Cause Analysis for the Food Industry
- Effective Food Labelling Verification Processes
Who should attend?
Anyone who is likely to be involved in a food recall in your organization. This may include Management, Technical/Quality Assurance, Production, Operations, Marketing, Procurement/Purchasing, Supply and Distribution.
Three and one half hours
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
You should have a good knowledge of the requirements of food safety management systems and product traceability systems used in your workplace.
Detailed course notes and lunch are provided.
You may also be interested in attending the following food risk management courses: