Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) approved food safety management standards are widely adopted in the world. They form the foundation for a system of processes required to provide safe, legally compliant, good quality, genuine foods and relevant products or services that meet customer applicable requirements.
ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management Guidelines introduces the concept of the context of the organization and the implementation of your food safety management system (FSMS) should be a strategic decision influenced by this context.
The standards also require your organization to consider:
- • Alignment of the FSMS with the strategic direction and culture of your organization, products and consumer requirements
- • Determining the processes needed to achieve your intended results
- • Addressing risks and opportunities arising from the context of your organization
The determination of risks and opportunities should be carried out at both organizational and operational levels. This training focuses on determination of risks and opportunities at an organizational level.
This training course will provide you with knowledge and understanding, as well as practical application, of these concepts so you can plan an FSMS that meets the intended results within the appropriate context of your organization.
This course aims to help you understand what is meant by the concept of context of the organization and how you can apply risk-based thinking as you plan, develop, audit and maintain your food safety management system (FSMS).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand your organizational context, risk-based thinking and process approach concepts necessary for establishing an FSMS relevant to your organization’s strategy
- Use management tools and techniques to develop the system in a structured way
- Determine the context of your organization in planning and implementation of the FSMS
- Comprehend the application of risk-based thinking
- Apply risk-based thinking to the FSMS
- Provide a structured method in developing an effective FSMS relevant to the context of the organization and risk-based thinking
- Applying PAS 96:2014 – A Guide to Protecting and Defending Food and Drink from Deliberate Attack
- Allergen Management and VITAL 2
- Effective Foreign Matter Control
- HACCP Plan and Implementation
- Effective Food Safety Auditing
What will I learn?
You’ll be able to:
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers, executives and food safety professionals who need a practical understanding of risk-based thinking.
It is particularly relevant to anyone involved in developing, auditing or maintaining a food safety management system.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
We recommend that you have knowledge of your chosen food safety management system prior to attending this course. We provide a loan copy of ISO 31000:2018 and ISO 22000:2018 as part of the course but you should bring your own copy of any other GFSI standard
Detailed course notes and lunch are provided.
You may also be interested in attending the following food risk management courses: