This course gives building/infrastructure asset owners/operators, information managers and asset contractors a detailed understanding of the ISO 19650-3 standard. The course explains the different responsibilities of each organization involved in specifying, providing and managing information for the operational phase of an asset.
This course will help you understand the asset information management process set out in ISO 19650-3 and how this links with other parts of the ISO 19650 series. It follows on from the BIM Fundamentals course, where the subject of information management using collaborative BIM is introduced.
The course includes the following topics:
• The importance of information in managing assets successfully
• The information management process for asset operation
• Establishing information requirements and other preparatory tasks for the owner/operator
• How prospective asset contractors respond to the owner/operator’s requirements
• Using Common Data Environment (CDE) processes to manage information delivery and acceptance
• Implementing ISO 19650-3 alongside ISO 19650-2 (information management during project delivery)
How will I benefit? This course will help you:
• Comprehend what the ISO 19650-3 standard says and what it means
• Realize how the asset lifecycle triggers the need for information
• Recognize the role of the Asset Information Model and the need to maintain it
• Comprehend the key information management processes
What will I learn? Delegates should gain the following knowledge/skills:
• How key ISO 19650 asset information management processes are applied during the operational phase of an asset’s lifecycle
• How to formulate information requirements for the operational phase of an asset
• How asset information is delivered and reviewed through CDE processes
• How asset management information (ISO 19650-3) and project delivery information (ISO 19650-2) can be managed in parallel
Who should attend? Asset managers and facility managers working on behalf of an asset owner or operator. Asset contractors or in-house teams delivering maintenance, repairs, minor refurbishment works, condition surveys.
People working on projects (client side or supply side) may find it helpful to understand how operational information gets specified by the asset owner/operator and incorporated into project Exchange Information Requirements.
How will I learn? Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
This course is designed for those who have some knowledge of collaborative BIM (who may previously have attended BIM Fundamentals or equivalent).
Attendees should have day-to-day involvement with, or responsibility for, asset management, particularly the information management aspects of buildings and infrastructure assets.
This course follows on from BIM Fundamentals and forms one of a series of more detailed courses to help delegates develop their knowledge.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time||Location||Fees||Enroll|
|Aug 24, 2021 12:00 AM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $730.00||Enroll|
|Oct 7, 2021 12:00 AM ET||Live Online - Full Day||USD $730.00||Enroll|
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.