There are security implications for built assets from information modelling. This can exacerbate conventional physical threats.
This course will help you engage with the security implications arising from BIM according to ISO 19650. The course will guide you through the contents of ISO 19650-5 and how security impacts their roles (client, asset owner, designer, contractor, facilities manager, etc.).
The course will explain how the components of ISO 19650-5, security-mindedness, relate to each other: Built Asset Security Strategy, Built Asset Security Manager, Built Asset Security Management Plan, Built Asset Security Breach Management Plan, Built Asset Security Information Requirements.
To give those tasked with managing collaborative working and BIM projects/asset management the core knowledge and skills required to understand and implement security management.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Recognize threats and sensitive assets
- Apply risk assessment principles to security issues
- Implement security management through information requirements and plans
- Plan the implementation of your security-minded approach to BIM
What will I learn?
By attending this course, you will:
- Explain the types of security threat to and from built assets and their information
- Recognize security issues related to ISO 19650, CDE and BIM
- Define the role of security manager
- Explain the documentation and execution of policies required for security-mindedness
Who should attend?
Clients, asset owners, designers, construction, commissioning and FM managers who may need to implement security policies, in relation to the built environment.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Management engagement with project and portfolio activities.
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person:
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.
This course complements the other ISO 19650 and PAS 1192-6 Masterclasses.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time
|May 21, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day
|Nov 18, 2024 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.