In 2018 SQFI introduced the SQF Quality Code as part of the edition 8 suite of SQF standards. The SQF Quality Code incorporates the quality management principles necessary to achieve customer requirements and continuously improve quality and productivity. The course will address the impact of quality parameters on the site’s product and operation, assist sites in understanding how the SQF Quality Code aligns with food safety and allow learners to apply quality tools and techniques to implementation of the SQF Quality Code.
To integrate an existing quality management system into a system based on the SQF quality code requirements.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Take the typical framework for implementing a quality management system (QMS) and incorporate it into your existing SQF system. This should form a sound basis for your implementation efforts and benefit your organization
- Recognize where adjustments might need to be made to this framework, to accommodate your unique situation and progress made to date
- Increase your knowledge on the key concepts and requirements of the SQF quality code, from an implementation perspective
Your learning will be through an activity-based, delegate centred approach. This will help you share experiences and knowledge with other attendees; bringing alive the information presented and resulting in enhanced retention and application to your own workplace.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:Knowledge
- Recognize a typical framework for implementing the SQF Quality code from an existing quality management system
- Explain the product quality parameters within the food industry sector or site
- Apply the HACCP method to identify significant quality threats and how to monitor and control them
- Understand the use and application of quality measurement tools
- Apply the PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) cycle to improve quality outcomes
Who should attend?
This one-day course is ideal for those already familiar with quality management principles, such as SQF quality practitioners or SQF quality auditors, but who need to understand how to apply quality tools in the implementation of the SQF Quality Code.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy attendance certificate.
Candidates must have successfully completed a HACCP training course meeting the SQFI definition, and either Implementing SQF Systems training or Auditing SQF Systems/Lead SQF Auditor training. If not, we recommend you attend our HACCP or FSPCA PCQI course and an Implementing or Auditing SQF Systems course first. The detailed requirements of HACCP (Food Safety) Plan, PCQIs, Implementing and Auditing SQF Systems are not covered on this course.
Detailed course notes are provided
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.