The BRCGS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised scheme. The popular Standard is accepted as a benchmark for food safety worldwide, and is often a core requirement of the supplier approval process for food retail and manufacturing. This course will help delegates to learn how audit against the Standard operate including preparation, the audit, non-conformities, corrective actions and certificate issue.
This course has been designed to enable delegates to gain a full understanding of the requirements of Issue 6, including the objectives of fundamental clauses and statements of intent.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Interpreted BRCGS requirements for audit application
- Identify the details of the audit process
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the background and benefits of the Standard
- Outline the details of the audit and certification programme
- Determine audit scope and planning the audit
- Describe what it is to have an audit, non-conformities and corrective actions
- Explain how to report issues and use BRCGS resources
- Describe the BRCGS compliance programme
Who should attend?
- technical and quality managers and BRCGS professionals
How will I learn?
Your learning shall be supported and accelerated by one of BSI’s competent and experienced trainers.
What will I gain?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a certificate of attendance. This course is part of the BRC Global Standards Professional recognition programme.
A good technical knowledge of the packaging industry is essential. Delegates should download and read a copy of the Global Standard for Packaging Materials Issue 6 before attending this course. The Standard is available from www.brcgsbookshop.com from August 2019.
Detailed course notes are provided
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.