This course provides foundational knowledge of quality management principles and makes clear the difference between food safety management and quality management principles. The course also demonstrates the cost benefits of implementing a quality management system and describes specific measures for how to implement the SQF Quality Code using quality tools.
To provide a typical framework for implementing a quality management system based on the SQF quality code.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Become familiar with a typical framework for implementing a quality management system (QMS). This should form a sound basis for your implementation efforts and benefit your organization
- Recognize where adjustments might need to be made to this framework, to accommodate your unique situation and progress made to date
- Increase your knowledge on the key concepts and requirements of the SQF quality code, from an implementation perspective
- Gain the skills to conduct your own baseline review of your organization’s current position related to SQF quality systems and implement key concepts and requirements relating to SQF quality systems
Your learning will be through an activity-based, delegate centred approach. This will help you share experiences and knowledge with other attendees; bringing alive the information presented and resulting in enhanced retention and application to your own workplace.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:Knowledge
- Recognize a typical framework for implementing the SQF Quality code
- Interpret key concepts and requirements of the SQF Quality code from an implementation perspective
- Identify the benefits specific to an organization in relation to implementing an effective QMS
- Examine the link between product quality and quality management principles
- Describe the product quality parameters within a food industry sector or site
- Conduct a baseline review of an organization’s current position with respect to the SQF Quality code
- Apply the HACCP method to identify significant quality threats and how to monitor and control them
- Use and apply quality tools within a site
- Understand and apply the ‘cost of quality’ model within a site
- Apply the PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) cycle to improve quality outcomes
- Understand how quality management principles impact on product quality and productivity; and
- Apply and improve quality management principles within a site.
Who should attend?
This two-day course is intended for those quality, technical and managerial staff working in food manufacturing who are new to the concept of quality management and for sites that have SQF certification and are ultimately seeking SQF quality certification.
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy attendance certificate.
Candidates must have successfully completed a HACCP training course meeting the SQFI definition, and either Implementing SQF Systems training or Auditing SQF Systems/Lead SQF Auditor training. If not, we recommend you attend our HACCP or FSPCA PCQI course and an Implementing or Auditing SQF Systems course first. The detailed requirements of HACCP (Food Safety) Plan, PCQIs, Implementing and Auditing SQF Systems are not covered on this course.
Detailed course notes are provided
Soft Copy: You will receive an email prior to the course with instructions on how to access the online Student Handbook, which can be viewed, downloaded or printed.
NOTE: Copies of the standards are not included in the class fee.
BSI will make reasonable efforts to have loaner copies available for use during the class, but students are encouraged to have their own copy. Soft copies of the digital loaner standard cannot be printed or downloaded.
If your class is Live Online:
- Students need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location.
- Webcam and Microphone are REQUIRED.
- ALL course times shown are US EASTERN TIME.
If your class is In-person :
- You are encouraged to bring a laptop with you to class.
- Please bring a picture ID such as a driver's license, passport, or work badge to class for verification purposes.
*Session lengths could vary depending on amount of class discussion.