Develop the knowledge and skill required to
establish an audit plan and conduct a full audit of a Maintenance Organization’s
Aerospace Quality Management System (AQMS) to AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018.
Fulfil the AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 Lead Auditor training requirement for International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) auditor certification. This course is approved by Probitas Authentication and is recognized as meeting the IAQG training requirements for the AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 Lead Auditor training course.
Gain the confidence to effectively audit a Maintenance Organization’s AQMS in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques.
Learn how to lead audit the processes of an AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 Maintenance Organization’s AQMS in order to determine conformity and effectiveness.
Using a step-by-step approach, the course commences with establishing a foundation of knowledge in both Aerospace QMS and lead auditing requirements appropriate to the Aviation, Space and Defence (ASD) industries. The course then moves into extensive case study and role play activities, enabling delegates to participate in the appropriate application of this knowledge and develop their auditing skills. Throughout the five days, the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up is covered and delegates will produce comprehensive audit reports using industry recommended practices.
Delegates will have direct access to the following standards throughout the course:
- AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 QMS Requirements for Aviation Maintenance OrganizationsISO 19011:2018.
- Guidelines for Auditing Management System.
- AS 9101 Rev F:2016/SJAC 9101 Rev F:2016/EN9101:2018 QMS Audit Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defence Organizations.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Gain comprehensive insight into the QMS requirements and expectations for aviation maintenance organizations.
- Understand the process for gaining certification to one of the globally recognized ASD industry standards (AS/EN/SJAC 9110).
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on AS/EN/SJAC 9110 audit activities, including leading an auditing team.
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an AS/EN/SJAC 9110 audit.
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its Aerospace QMS.
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions.
- Provide you with a globally recognized lead auditor qualification.
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- Describe the purpose of a quality management system and its role in helping an organization operate with increased effectiveness, consistency, and customer satisfaction.
- Explain the purpose and intent of the ISO 9000 series of standards and how they relate to the applicable AQMS standards.
- Describe the continuing process of development of AQMS standards and ISO 19011, the impact that these developments may have on the audit process, and the need for auditors to keep up to date.
- Describe the seven quality management principles and how they relate to the AQMS.
- Describe the documentation required by the AQMS and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy, and objectives.
- Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of the AQMS.
- Describe the difference between legal compliance and conformity with AQMS standards, and the significance of these terms when conducting audits.
- Comprehend the hierarchy of authorities’ requirements (e.g., CAA, military, space) and applicable advisory material, where to obtain additional information, and how to incorporate authorities’ requirements aspects into the AQMS audit activities (requirements as applicable to the location where the course is being presented).
- Recognize the hierarchy of standards published under the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) umbrella.
- Describe the auditor authentication requirements for the applicable AQMS standards.
- Describe IAQG sector scheme requirements for AQMS certification/registrations programs (see 9104).
- Describe the process of certification/registration of an organization's AQMS standards.
- Describe the auditor approval requirements for the applicable AQMS standards.
- Describe the OASIS database for access to audit data and security (public and private).
This course will enable you to:
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of the AQMS.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an entire AQMS, including process, customer focus, and continual improvement.
- Evaluate the differing requirements for AQMS documentation in a variety of situations and understand the difference between documents and records.
- Plan and organize all aspects of an AQMS audit.
- Perform all aspects of an AQMS audit.
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable AQMS checklists and scoring methods.
- Make recommendations on the acceptability of the AQMS for certification.
Who should attend?
involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an AS 9110 Rev
C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 Maintenance Organization’s AQMS, or seeking IAQG recognition as a certified aerospace auditor.
5 days (40 hours plus 2 hour exam).
How will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What will I gain?
On completion, you’ll be awarded a Probitas certified Lead Auditor course certificate.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however it will help if you have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits and an appropriate awareness of the requirements contained within AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 QMS Requirements for Aviation Maintenance Organizations.
Detailed course notes and lunch are provided.
Probitas Authentication is an IAQG recognized Auditor Authentication Body (AAB) and Training Provided Approval Body (TPAB). For additional questions about the auditor authentication process and requirements, please email your inquiry to email@example.com
You may also be interested in attending our AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 Implementing Course, AS 9110 Rev C:2016/SJAC 9110 Rev B:2016/EN 9110:2018 Requirements Course or our set of AQMS Deep Dive courses.
All Upcoming Course Dates
|Date and Time
|Sep 23, 2024 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
Sep 24, 2024 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
Sep 25, 2024 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
Sep 26, 2024 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM ET
Sep 27, 2024 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM ET
|Live Online - Full Day
The venues for scheduled courses are tentative until receipt of a course confirmation from BSI.